Synonymous with living in Queensland are cockroaches.
However just because we are use to having cockroaches around the house does not make them any less dangerous.
Cockroaches are a health risk, to you and your family as they eat a variety of food and fecal matter, including that in your garbage bin.
Given their prevalence and less than savory eating habits, cockroaches can quickly spread diseases to you including salmonella and gastroenteritis. Researchers believe that the cockroach may be a storage source for bacterial infections such as salmonella, staphylococcus and streptococcus.
As Cockroaches vomit and defaecate on food, bench tops and other areas it is considered that this may be source of disease transmission.
Furthermore recent academic studies have determined that cockroaches may also cause allergies.
How to Reduce Cockroaches
Good housekeeping practises are certainly are start, address issues such as:
- Regularly empty garbage bins before you go to bed, as cockroaches are most active at night.
- Wipe down benchtops, utltensils and other items before you prepare food.
- Consider putting your pet food bowl in a tray water to help reduce cockroaches – cockies love pet food.
- Cockroaches need water – so reduce the number of water supply points that they can access.
- Store you food in sealed containers to deny them access.
- Get under the fridge, dishwasher and other big appliance places regularly and clean the out.
Secondly get Enviro Guard Pest Management to arrange a cockroach pest management treatment for you. We provide the Gold Coast with Cockroach pest control servicing the following areas: