Cockroach Infestations – The Facts
- Cockroaches have been living on this earth for millions of years, which makes them one of the hardiest and adaptable pests on the planet.
- There are approximately 4,000 different types of cockroaches in the world, each found predominantly in suburban areas.
- Cockroaches are scavengers that prefer warm environments, which means that they love to invade homes and commercial buildings alike to ensure that they have a constant supply of food and water.
- Unfortunately, they can also cause allergies, trigger asthma attacks, and spread around 33 different types of bacteria.
Treatment Types and Pricing
To treat cockroach infestations, we offer an all-inclusive General Pest Control package which effectively eliminates Cockroaches, Ants, Webbing Spiders, and Silverfish – all in one go!
Our General Pest Control service comes with a work warranty, which means if you’re not 100% satisfied we’ll come back free of charge*.
General Pest Control Pricing (Cockroach Treatment)
- Units/Apartments – from $120
- 3 Bedroom House – from $189
See our pricing page for more information on treatment costs.
Identify your cockroach pest problem with our list of cockroach profiles below.
- The largest of the cockroach pest species
- Body length measures 1.5 to 2 inches
- Reddish brown in colour, with a yellow band behind their head
- Prefers to live in the basement, sewers, sub-floor locations, and other dark, moist areas.
- Avoids cold areas and congregates around hot water pipes, fridges, and other heating appliances.
- Feeds on food scraps, as well as plant and animal materials
- Rapid breeding cycle of 6-8 weeks
- Can live up to 1.5 years
- Will quickly reach plague proportions
- Reddish brown in colour – similar to the American cockroach but with yellow stripes on outer edges of front wings
- Body length measures around 35mm
- Prefers a vegetarian diet
- Will eat holes in clothing and paperwork, including books
- Prefers to reside in greenhouses and near heating apparatus, air-conditioners, and other heat-emitting equipment.
- Opportunistic fliers
- Will infest anywhere a good food source is provided
- Rapid breeding cycle of 40 days
- Females can live up to 6 months
- Can readily infest areas to plague proportions
- Beige to light brown in colour with two dark stripes on the back of their head
- Body length measures around ½ an inch
- Most widely transported insect pest in the world
- Infestations even occur in Alaska!
- Reside in warmer areas around heating equipment
- Commonly found in homes, apartments, restaurants, food processing plants, supermarkets, and warehouses
- Their eggs can arrive in food containers, cartons, fridges, stoves, and other materials introduced into a building
- Infestations usually occur in kitchens and bathrooms
- Most prolific breeder of all cockroaches – the female carries a capsule containing up to 40 eggs, which develop within 45 days
- Females can live up to 6 months
- Native cockroaches are usually nocturnal
- Reside in burrows in the soil
- Can be found hiding under rocks logs and other native areas
- Consumes organic matter such as leaf litter and rotting logs
- Females lay their eggs in a hard case, which is carried around and deposited under leaf litter
- Nymphs usually take 1 year to develop
- Dark brown to black in colour
- Body length measures around 1 inch
- Resides in dark, moist areas such as basements, cellars, garbage chutes, sewers, and water pipes
- Prefer to consume starchy foods
- Rapid breeding cycle of 1 to 2 months
- Female lays egg sacks containing up to 16 eggs at once
- Females can live up to 2 years
Have you seen a cockroach in your home? Don’t wait for the infestation, call us today on 1300 669 092 to fix the problem immediately!